In the world, the number of people, who visit foreign counties for health purposes has been increasing. Affordable price, professional and quality service, request to see different cultures and natural beauties play an important role for the people’ preferences.
Turkey’s given much more importance to health tourism in recent years. Turkey has become one of the few important countries in the world in this field.Turkey attracts the attention of many nationalities not only its geographical structure, climate, natural resources, but also its cheap and quality health care service.
Turkey’s hospitals follows the development in US and Europe very closely. Turkish doctors are monitored by the achievements of countries in the world.
In 2010, American’s most confidential medical tourism company MedRetreat stated India, Malaysia, Brazil, Argentina, Turkey and Northern Africa as countries, where people can get quality medical services as well as can make exotic destinations. The most important factors why people choose these countries are their enterprises in the international medical tourism industry, their experiences and high quality of services.
BENEFITS OF TREATMENT IN TURKEY
- Health services in Turkey is cheaper compared to other countries. The researches show that Turkey is cheaper (nearly 60-65% )compared to many European countries.
- The hospital bed capacity and doctors’ quality in Turkey is sufficient.
- Turkey is close to European Countries and Middle East Countries.
- Turkey is a Muslim Country that is integrated with western countries. Thus, Turkey can provide services its patients from both west and muslim countries.
- In hospitals there is a sufficient number of staff speaking foreign languages.
- Turkey is in the process of EU accession. Thus, Turkey is at the level of EU Countries in terms of both tourism and health services.
- Turkey is one of the most diverse countries in terms of climatic, tourism, cultural and travel conditions
Where is Turkey? How many hour to get there?
Turkey’s location at the crossroads of Europe and Asia makes it a country of significant geostrategic importance. There are different flights from Turkey to many countries. The distances of countries as to Istanbul are as follows:
- England (London)- İstanbul 3 hours
- Morocco (Casablanca)- İstanbul 4 hours
- Germany (Berlin)-İstanbul 2 hours 10 minutes
- Netherlands (Amsterdam)-İstanbul 2 hours 45 minutes
- Austria (Vienna)-İstanbul 1 hour 35 minutes
- Switzerland (Basel)-İstanbul 2 hours 18 minutes
- Russia (Moskow)-İstanbul 2 hours 11 minutes
- Bulgaria (Sofia)-İstanbul 38 minutes
- Romania (Bucharest)-İstanbul 33 minutes
- Syria (Damask)-İstanbul 1 hour 19 minutes
- Saudi Arabia (Mecca) -İstanbul 3 hours 15 minutes
- Tunis (Tunis) -İstanbul 2 hours
- Jordan (Amman) -İstanbul 1 hour 55 minutes
- Kazakhistan(Almaty) -İstanbul 4 hours 52 minutes
- United Arab Emirates (Dubai) -İstanbul 3 hours 43 minutes
- Azerbaijan (Baku) -İstanbul 2 hours 12 minutes
- United States (California-Los Angeles) -İstanbul 13 hours 43 minutes
- United States (New York) -İstanbul 10 hours
- Italy (Rome) -İstanbul 1 hour 43 minutes
- Greece (Athens) -İstanbul 42 minutes
- Uzbekistan (Taskent) -İstanbul 4 hours 10 minutes